Monday, April 11, 2016

Where was I?

It seems that my last post was back in January. My apologies. I hope all of you are well. It has been a rocky start to 2016 but I look forward to it getting better in the next part. Spring has sprung. The wind blows in (allergies decide to bloom too) and the sun is shining bright. Tornado season is right around the corner and I hope all of them will be small in nature. With dental issues going on at the beginning of the year, work hours increasing to a crazy 65 - 70 hours a week, and buying some property and getting it ready for a home is all time consuming. Few of the reasons this blog has been ignored the last few months. So what has been happening in the world of Author K. Meador? I've read and reviewed several books and I have published two more of my own. I'd really like it if you would join my mailing list. I promise not to spam. 

Books Reviewed 

(Click on title to go to Amazon page): 



Where Shadows Fall by Author Tom Fallwell

5 Stars
I've read the first book and as much as I enjoyed that one, this one captivated me more. The descriptions were just enough to keep you going and not bogging down the story. And the ending left me breathless with anticipation. But what else can you expect from a story weaved with warriors, betrayal, a demonic dragon, a trapped soul, and an enticing lion?



Kissing Demons by Jen Winters

4 Stars

I enjoyed reading this story. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect from the title but as I got into the story I realized the title actually depicts different aspects about the plot. Anyway, I thought the storyline was engaging. When you have it figured out, an abrupt change occurs and throws you off balance but not in a bad way. It is more of like, "Oh, wow - I didn't see that coming". Although there is battles going on, the graphic details are kept to a minimum which I liked too. I find the cast of diverse characters to be refreshing and the thought pattern to how it came to a resolution to fight the main demon was refreshing. Recommended.


Souls of the Reaper by Markie Madden



5 Stars

First of all, the characters Lacey, Colton, and the newest member of their team, Kazz, rival the characters from Law & Order: SUV Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler and NCIS characters Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly, and Pauley Perrette. So if you like those shows, you will absolutely love Souls of the Reaper.

From the very first page, the story line grabs your attention with a scene from the villain’s perspective. The action doesn’t slow as Lacey begins noticing disturbances across the city and when these disturbances turns violent then the Undead Unit is on the case. Kazz isn’t introduced to the reader until a later date and she is totally likable from her love for speed and her aggression against perpetrators. All three collaborate, each bringing a unique set of skills and talents that compliments one another. However, even with all their talents, this case is nothing like they had ever seen or would likely to see again. They call on help from others in specialty fields and even that isn’t enough.

So you may wonder, was the resolution satisfactory to the complications of the story?

Oh, absolutely! I can’t tell you or even hint at what happens to bring the resolution because that would be unfair to both the reader and the author.

The author, Mrs. Madden, has an extensive knowledge of police procedure and has expertly woven the complexities of this story into a well-rounded and developed story.

I highly recommend that if you even think you might enjoy a mystery such as this, you should give it a try. I read many Indie authors and Markie Madden's, Undead Unit Series, has captivated me with the professional cover, interior layout, and a developed story. Vampires, Werewolves, Shifters, and more are combined into a mystery that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Don't miss her first book in the series, Fang and Claw. Highly recommended.






Professor Oz’s A-Z Coloring Book was created for very young children who are learning their alphabet and beginning words. The book has easy-to-color simple designs, giving your child plenty of room to color. Opposite of the coloring images contain an already colored Professor Oz in a cap and gown reinforcing that education is important. It’s a great way to spend an afternoon or evening with your child as he/she learns while having fun and spending time with you!






Illuminance


Book three of the Heart and Soul Series is a thirty day devotional designed to bring you closer to God through everyday situations while illuminating solutions. Becoming sensitive to God's Words in a world of chaos and noise can be challenging. These quick but insightful devotionals will touch your spirit and help you stay in tune with the one who loves you. 





Don't miss out! Join my mailing list 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!