SERVES: 4 (2 skewers each)
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
8 bamboo skewers
1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 16 1-inch pieces
¼ cup reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce, gluten-free
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1 (8-oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 16 1-inch chunks
½ large red onion, cut into 16 1-inch chunks
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
2. Place chicken in resealable plastic bag (or container); add soy sauce, oil, and ginger; seal bag and shake gently to mix. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to marinate.
3. Preheat gas or charcoal grill on medium heat.
4. Place a piece of chicken, pineapple chunk, bell pepper, and onion onto a skewer. Repeat, so the skewer has two pieces of each ingredient. Repeat with seven remaining skewers. Discard marinade that contained chicken.
5. Grill skewers on covered grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
6. Serve immediately.