Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone - As I reflect on my blessings I am brought back to a time when I didn't know where my next meal was coming from - or how I was going to feed my children. Thankfully, that time in my life lasted for only a short time and people - strangers, really - helped me out. 

There was one year that food for Thanksgiving was provided by a stranger and Christmas gifts was non existent for me and slim for my two children. I don't want to ever be in that position again but it did teach me a few things. Thanksgiving and Christmas is in the attitude and behavior of the person/s not in the gift/s received or given. 

I came away from this time with a stronger trust in our Lord, Jesus Christ. The knowledge that God really does love me and will meet my needs when I can not do for myself is strong. And He will choose to use people who are willing to be the deliverer of blessings. 

That time has taught me the value of not judging people by what they have or they don't. Sometimes those who have much also have a lot of debt. And, sometimes, those who don't seem to have much, have no debt. I've learned that there is a lot more to life than money. 

Because of that time, I promised myself that when I was able, I would do what I can for others too. 

I have learned to live simply. A few good friends, a few four legged pets in my home, the laughter of my children, those that I love healthy and a few dollars in my bank account.

With that being said, may you and your family have plenty this season. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!