The flag that flew aboard the U.S.S. Missouri during the surrender ceremonies in Tokyo Bay on September 2, 1945, was the same flag that had flown over the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., on December 7, 1941.
1. Identify the type of aircraft that was produced in larger amounts than any other during the war?
a.) Japanese Zero
b.) Messerschmitt BF-109E
c.) B-24 Liberator
d.) DC-3 (including C053 and C-47 versions)
2. Which American entertainer traveled the most to entertain troops during the war?
a) Gary Cooper
b) Bob Hope
c) Joe E Brown
3. Which unit was nicknamed the Red Devils?
a) Russian Sixth Army
b) U.S. 1st Infantry
c) British 6th Airborne
4. Identify the only U.S. Navy ship sunk by enemy gunfire on D-Day.
a) U.S.S. Corry
b) U.S.S. Augusta
c) U.S.S. Butler
5. Identify the first U.S. Army Air Force aircraft type to see action in Europe.
a) Grumman Wildcat
b) Lockheed P-38
c) Douglas Havoc
1. The Messerschmitt BF-109E
2. Joe E. Brown traveled over 150,000 miles. He was named Father to All Men Overseas by the National Father’s Day Committee in 1944.
3. The British 6th Airborne.
4. The Corry, by gunfire from German gun batteries on Utah Beach. Thirteen members of her 294 man crew died.
Author K. Meador is a mom to two grown sons who are currently pursuing their adult lives outside the home. She enjoys history, aviation, writing, and romance. In addition, she enjoys photography, walking, and visiting with family and friends. For the past several years, she has traveled with her job and has now settled down in Oklahoma City area.
Please leave a comment on this blog and share if you are so inclined. Author K. Meador has multiple published books which are available in paperback, eBook, audio and Spanish. Thank you. Your support is truly appreciated.