Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday #Snippet 2 from #Chosen4life


Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you will stay a while and browse through the latest posts. It is a pleasure to be interacting with you and I love to hear feedback from readers/visitors.

It has been another busy week in the world of “Marcy.” I am actually writing Chosen out of order at this point, and this snippet is from “Lisa, Jim, and Angie.” Characters I think you are going to love to hate.

If you would like to read about Marcy, snippet #1, click here.

Chosen

Lisa walked over to Jim and hugged his tall, lithe frame. He hugged her back, resting his chin upon her head. “Hang in there, hon, we made it through the other two pregnancies; we will make it through this one too,” she said.

He kissed the top of her head, removed himself from her embrace, and as he left the room, he said, “I surely hope so, Lisa.”

As he got ready for work, Lisa searched through the cabinets, trying to find something for his dinner. They didn’t have much as they were waiting for payday to go grocery shopping. Absently, she made him two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, put the last of the Cheetos in a Ziploc bag, added a couple of chocolate chip cookies, and a soda.

Jim, dressed in his maintenance clothes, came into the kitchen. “I’m sorry, Lisa. I don’t mean to be so negative.”

“It’s okay. Here’s your lunch; it isn’t much but it will do until payday. It’s going to work out, Jim, you wait and see.”

After he left, Lisa grabbed her cellphone, walked into the bedroom, and called her friend.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Angie.”

“Hey, Lisa, what’s up?”

“You have time to talk?”

“Sure is something wrong?” Angie asked.

“Well, yes and no.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, Jim and I are having a hard time financially right now with the new baby and all. He is really worried about making ends meet. And I can’t get a job because I would only make enough to pay for daycare for the rugrats, so what’s the point, right? I am trying to figure out a way to bring some money into the house. You have any ideas?”

“Have you tried one of those adoption things?” Angie said.

“We aren’t going to adopt our baby out,” Lisa said in anger.

“I know that! Geez, I am your best friend. No, what I am talking about is finding a couple who wants to adopt and tell them you are giving up your baby, but you don’t have to. What’s the harm of a little lie? They will send you money and stuff for the baby and no one says you have to tell them you don’t plan to give up the child.”



Love,

It is a choice. 



Author K. Meador is a mom to two grown sons who are currently pursuing their adult lives outside the home. For the past several years, she has traveled with her job and has now settled down in Oklahoma City area.

She enjoys photography, walking, and visiting with family and friends. 

Please leave a comment on this blog and share if you are so inclined.  

Author K. Meador has six books published which are available in paperback, eBook, and four are on audio.  Thank you. Your support is truly appreciated. Website

16 comments:

  1. I love PB&J sandwiches, with banannas at least 3 times a week.
    Sounds like some conniving about to happen here.
    Nice 8! (Or is there more than 8 here? I didn't count.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frank, I'm new to the sunday snippet. I did go over the 8 lines but chalk it up to a novice learning. I'll be sure the other ones don't.
      I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches too. A staple when I was growing up.

      Delete
  2. I hope this doesn't become the financial rescue plan but it definitely sounds like it's being considered. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This story is based loosely on true events of someone I know so unfortunately there are scammers out there like this...

      Delete
  3. I love the casual, "Have you tried one of those adoption things?"

    That says everything about how Angie sees the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Sarah. :) Glad her character came out the way it was intended :)

      Delete
  4. I can see how they would be desperate, but lying to a couple who so wants a child-- Could prove devastating to the couple who wants to adopt. Not just financially but emotionally. Interesting 8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Karen. This story is based loosely on true events and this happened to a friend of mine. Thankfully, my friend found out about the scammer through and adoption chat discussion and found out the lady was scamming four prospective adoptive couples at the same time. Terrible to know there are people out there like this. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Wow, that's all sorts of creepy. And karmically detrimental. Great snippet, K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is creep and Karma will show herself later in the story. :) Stay tuned :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, that would be awful. Her friend isn't much of a friend. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. plant the seed of manipulation and deceit and see where it leads.... humans can be cruel to play with the feeling of others in such an emotional event as adoption.

      Delete
  7. Hmmmm. Not sure I'm liking this best friend so much. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JT, that was the reaction I was hoping for! :) A character you love to hate. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. It's suspenseful. I would want to know if she does that, which would be terrible, but it could lead to a terrible twist...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!