Sunday, May 25, 2014

Silver Strands

Silver Strands
Silver Strands

I look in the mirror and what do I see?
silver strands shimmering back at me. 

Precious memories stir in my mind and I sigh -
a reflection of a past, with good and bad, gone by.

Looking forward; embracing the silver years -
may they be full of laughter and grandbabies near. 





How do you handle growing older? My mother started shining silver strands when she was but 19 years old. At 73 she is still dying her hair - silver. Seriously. For the longest time she dyed it brunette. But when she did go silver, she went silver platinum # 51. I smile at that. 

I started dying my hair at age thirty when the first few silver strands began to appear. Now in my forties I wonder why I bother. My boyfriend says he likes the silver contrast with my brunette hair. 

Is it vanity that I continue to dye my hair then? Anyone who knows me knows that isn't so. Maybe I am still trying to capture youth instead of embracing the natural path of life. 

Regardless, though silver strands are nothing to be ashamed of, I am not quite ready to give up my honey brown #5. 

Live on,
Live happy. 




Please leave a comment on this blog and share if you are so inclined. :) 

Author K. Meador has six books published. Her books are available in paperback, eBook, and some are on audio. Help an author out and click on the book images on the sidebar of this blog to go to the Amazon link for purchase. Thank you. Your support is truly appreciated. 

4 comments:

  1. I will never, ever go grey, silver or white! hahahahahhaha n x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silver hair among the gold does not compute - thank you Loreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your gold is gorgeous - Loreal does a good job :) grinning..... I still like my honey brown #5

      Delete

Thank you for visiting!